Bosnia and Herzegovina are already out of the World Cup after losses to Argentina and Nigeria, but they would want to go out on a high note if they defeat Iran.
Bosnia and Herzegovina’s coach Safet Susic should be happy with team’s performance in the first game against Argentina and but not with their second match, against Nigeria. They have nothing left to play but it is expected that they will throw everything at Iran and try to get first World Cup victory. The team is fit, with no current injuries to worry about but it might mean that Safet Susic will field his fringe players. "Our obligation is to go out with honor, to leave a good impression. It is a pity for this generation that it exits the World Cup so soon '' said Susic. The Bosnia and Herzegovina coach has already admitted that motivating his players for their final fixture could be a tough job and there are rumors that some members of his squad do not want to play.
- They have only scored one goal at the World Cup so far.
- Bosnia has played Iran on five occasions; losing four and drawing the other.
- Iran have scored 16 goals against Bosnia and Herzegovina in the five games between the two.
- This will be the first time these sides have faced off in a FIFA World Cup.
- Iran last faced Bosnia and Herzegovina in August 2009; they won the game 3-2.
- Iran have never won against European opposition at World Cup (D1 L4).
- Bosnia have kept one clean sheet in their last six internationals.
- Edin Dzeko has attempted nine shots in the tournament so far, eight of which came against Nigeria.