Check Out How Easy It is to Become a Writer
1. Soccerly was created for soccer lovers by soccer lovers. This is a place were real passionate fans can easily be involved in the sport and manage their media as however they choose.
Fans eat, breathe and sleep with their favorite soccer team in their mind, hence they are the most knowledgeable source for opinions. Journalism needs to showcase this passion and hand a megaphone to every aficionado that has something or anything to say. This is what Soccerly offers.
You don't have to get into the cumbersome process to post your opinion here. We don't ask you for hundreds of requirements to broadcast your views, post new information or raise na idea. You only have to join the community where respect, tolerance and the truth are the main engines that help us thrive. Soccerly makes registration and publication process very simple and in a friendly matter. Nothing will hinder your time to connect with the world.
These are the steps you need to follow:
Click the Sign in/Login button located at the top right of the page to create a user name and password. You can also join directly through your Facebook account. We encourage you to use your real name as your username so you can receive full credit in every text you submit.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after signing up. Confirm your registration clicking on the link the e-mail provided and you are on your way to experience the best open source sports website available.
3. Steps to Publish an Articlie/Opinion
Before you start writing you should read the Rules of Content and Style Manual of Soccerly.
1. Once you start your session press the "Publish!" Icon found at the top of the page. This will take you to the text editor.
2. In the editor you will find three sections: The main photograph and title, the content space and the search engine. With these three tools you will create every post.
3. The search engine (1). This tool enables you to enrich your text with photographs of photo agencies, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and/or YouTube videos. To use it just type any keywords on the text field (i.e. Lionel Messi, Barcelona). Choose the source you want the search to be on the appropriate tab and hit enter. Choose any picture from the search result and simply drag the desired picture towards your post. You can center the picture up or down once it is dragged to your post.
4. Main photograph and title (2). To write the title of your article, just click on the field that says "Set the title" and type it. To place your main photograph just choose a search platform (i.e.Getty Images) and drag your desired image to the gray area. You cannot drag videos, tweets or post in this field.
5. The content area (3). This space is for you to put together the "body" of your article in the way of text, pictures, videos or tweets.
You can assemble several text fields in separate boxes and then move them to change their order. To post pictures or tweets, just look for them in the search engine and drag them to the place you want inside the body.
6. You can save a draft of your article at any time by clicking the "Save Draft" button, it is located above the main photo. The article will be moved to your main profile for you to come back at it anytime.
6. If at any time in composing your article you have to interrupt the process, just click the "Save Draft" button which is above the main photo. This will save your article on your profile for when you can resume writing it.
7. If you are done assembling your article and want to start the publishing process, just click on the "Publish" button. It is located above the main photo. If your article was sent correctly you will receive a confirmation email.
Your work will be reviewed by one of our Soccerly curators who will proof read it to get in online as soon as possible. If it needs some changes or modifications, they will let you know via email. If your article or post does not meet the requirements stated in the "Content Rules", it will be rejected.
8. When we publish you content online you will receive an email informing you of the publication with a direct link to your article.
- Don’t forget to post your articles in social networks and recommend other content by community members that could interest your friends and acquaintances.
-When writing an article keep in mind the following parameters we follow for choosing the articles that appear on our home page:
The most read. If your contribution is among the most read of the day, you will definitely gain an important place in Soccerly.
Partner level. If you are a regular participant and the Soccerly community has recognized you for the quality of your posts, achieving a high number of visits to your texts, you will most likely be in one of the major areas of Soccerly.
‘Outstanding’ Collaboration. If your article has been rated as ‘outstanding’ by the editors of Soccerly for the quality and the timeliness of the topic, it will be rewarded with an important place in our site.
You generated healthy debate. If your contribution raised an issue or an idea that generated a healthy discussion (always within the limits of respect for the opinions of others and adherence to truth), it will have an important place in our home page.
- Cheer this content!
One of the most veteran FC Barcelona players is their goalkeeper, Victor Valdes. He has won every title possible with his team and is...
The New England Revolution come out of the gate strong by moving up to take Andrew Farrell in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. Farrell who is...